Please or Register to create posts and topics.

He won’t open up

My boyfriend & I have been dating for 3 years, he has always wanted to talk to me & see me as much as possible. But recently he has been very different. It all started around March. He became very distant, he barley talks to me & never wants to see me. When we do make plans to hangout he cancels the day of. He only wants to be around his friends. He stays with them every day & night. I have talked to his mom & we both think he is struggling mentally but he won’t open up to either one of us. He has mentioned a few things to me but shuts down pretty fast. He mentioned that he uses his friends to distract him from his thoughts. He also sleeps most of the day. Him acting like this has caused him not to give me time & attention & it really upsets me. We went from seeing each other at least once a week to maybe once a month. I don’t want to constantly fight about him not getting me attention because I’m not sure what’s going on in his head. I feel so lonely & I want to ask for more attention but I feel awful to. I wish he would just open up to me & tell me what he’s going through.

Hi Love, this doesn't sound like a good relationship for you. I suggest you step back and re-assess what you want in a partner and have a fresh conversation with him, stating your renewed insight into what you're looking for long term. Present this to him, and let him know this is what you're looking for, and you'll be choosing that for yourself, whether it's with him or not. I know it's a tough choice to make, but staying attached to someone who doesn't give you consideration isn't healthy for you.

Buy now

CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS!